Be aware that interest free finance options can sometimes mean you will end up paying more. Interest free payments can sometimes be very enticing when purchasing anything. Windows and doors are no different and many companies in our industry do offer these types of finance options.
But in reality, interest free is a myth, it doesn’t really exist. If we think about it, no financial institution in the world would ever make any money if they truly did provide 0% finance. Therefore, if window companies do offer this facility, there is often a catch.
In the home improvement industry, the companies who claim to provide interest free double glazing usually:
- Use the 0% finance offer as a marketing ploy.
- Increase product price to absorb cost of providing 0% finance.
- Set unrealistic minimum spend requirements to qualify.
- Require an ‘admin’ fee or ‘exit’ fee to use the service.
Purchasing windows and doors can be a substantial investment, therefore flexible finance options can be helpful in spreading the cost in a convenient way and at a manageable pace that your suits your lifestyle and personal circumstances. Just remember to explore all of your options when it comes to finance, such as:
- Personal loans from banks and reputable lenders.
- Some companies, like us, partner with credit brokers that search to find a personal loan or secured lending options that are right for you. We use Kandoo, more information can be found at: https://sapphirewindows.info/finance-options/
When obtaining quotations and looking for finance options, remember to compare the total amount that will be repayable at the end of any lending term.